What should I bring?
In addition to your personal things we recommend the following:
- Bathing suit, as there will be several places to swim
- Some kind of hat or cap if you want to cover yourself from the sun and block or otherwise a good sunscreen.
- You can bring no problems Camera and video (the latter will in some attractive extra for it can be used but that's about $ 25.00 pesos more for video camera, and the
Churches of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan NOT be able to use it.
- Comfortable shoes or tennis, to walk in comfort.
- Not only clothing for hiking, you can also bring some clothes at night, because in San Cristobal, you go out and have fun at discos, bars or restaurants.
- Mosquito repellent (especially in archaeological sites)
- A personal towel, even in hotels will be very essential to bring towels.
- Sweater or jacket as San Cristobal at night is very cool and very cold in winter.
That I spend more than the contracted tour?
To give you an idea of ??what you can spend additional tour in Chiapas food is very inexpensive so you will not need more than between $ 100.00 and $ 200.00 pesos daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, of course this depends on your stomach.
In Chiapas find all sorts of food, regional, Italian, Spanish, Swiss, etc.. This is because in addition to Chiapas, many Europeans have restaurants originating in their country.
And in particular things, that is what you want to buy, such as handicrafts, souvenirs, shirts Marcos, clothing, etc..
How is the weather in Chiapas?
- In Tuxtla Gutierrez, the weather is hot and humid, between 25 ° to 32 ° so that a comfortable cotton clothing is sufficient.
- San Cristobal de Las Casas is located at 2200 meters above sea level making it a cool environment is maintained between 10 ° and 20 ° degrees, it is advisable to bring a sweater or jacket. Between July and October is important to bring windbreaker. In winter temperatures are between 0 ° and 10 °.
- Palenque, Agua Azul, Misol-Ha, Yaxchilan and The Lacandon Jungle is a hot humid tropical environment between 25 ° and 35 ° degrees, recommended to bring comfortable clothing cotton shorts is not recommended as there are fewer mosquitoes and annoy you bring insect repellent, but Dockers pants type is more than enough.
What banks are there? and I can still pay by credit card there?
- Tuxtla Gutierrez: Banorte, Bancomer, HSBC, Inverlat, Banamex,
- San Cristobal de Las Casas: Bancomer, HSBC, Banamex, Serfin Inverlat
- Palenque: Bancomer, Banamex.
Most establishments will accept any type of card except for the things you buy from stalls or small markets.
But in hotels, restaurants, pharmacies, bars, etc. Most can receive your card.
Did it carry my phone?
Cell reception only within:
- Tuxtla Guti érrez
- San Cristobal de Las Casas
NO in the jungle or being on the road.
Will I be able to check my mail?
There are several cyber-cafes that charge between $ 5.00 and $ 10.00 pesos per half hour for Internet use.
What do you expect your suitcase and come to Chiapas!